Due to major changes on WhatsApp Business API, we are shutting down our Low-Volume WhatsApp route, and advising our users to switch to our High-volume WhatsApp route or use our alternate channels — SMS and/or Voice. This article gives a detailed guide on how to do that seamlessly.
HOW TO SET UP HIGH-VOLUME WHATSAPP
Comes with Unlimited Daily Messages
- Integrate our API — https://termii.com/guideline
- Visit your device page and apply for a device ID or copy your approved device ID for testing — https://accounts.termii.com/#/devices
NB: Test ID only lasts for 7 days after which we will deactivate you. Skip step 2 if we have added an ID for you.
3. Once you are ready to go live [the most Important]
Submit the following details to your support group or via email to email@example.com
- Your Facebook business name
- Your Facebook Page ID
- Phone number to attach to WhatsApp account
- Your current Verification Status
4. Submit a verification request on Facebook
5. Get approval status from Facebook
6. Visit your device page — https://accounts.termii.com/#/devices to get device details
7. Open your wallet and load your account with enough funds.
It is important to note that the High-Volume WhatsApp channel allows for sending and receiving of messages in two ways classified as:
A. Template Messages
B. Free form Window/ Conversational Messaging
HOW TO SEND TEMPLATE MESSAGES
- Submit Templates to WhatsApp for Approval using the following steps:
Visit https://accounts.termii.com/#/devices and click on “Manage Device”
- Click on “Request Templates” and fill out the templates form to create a template.
- When creating a template, ensure to wrap variables around <% and %> like the sample template
- Check the status bar to see ‘approved’, ‘rejected’, or ‘pending’ templates, and the reason for rejection as the case may be.
2. To send approved template messages, use the endpoint: http://developer.termii.com/templates
N.B- We advise our customers to use template messaging in cases where they have to initiate conversations with their customers or respond to their customers with automated template messages.
How to Send Free-Form Window/Conversational Messages
Free form window messages can only be sent as a response when a conversation is being initiated by your customer.
- To send free-form window messages, use the endpoint: http://developer.termii.com/messaging
- To receive incoming messages from customers, please visit https://accounts.termii.com/#/account/webhook/config to set your webhook URL. When your webhook URL has been set, view our responses using this link: http://developer.termii.com/incoming
WHATSAPP BEST PRACTICES
WhatsApp is very strict — they do not allow spam or unsolicited messages. Otherwise, your number would be blocked.
Need more help? Contact our in-house messaging experts at firstname.lastname@example.org